- Trump Rips Former Secretary of State Tillerson
- President Trump Demands Border Wall Funding During a Joint Press Conference with the Prime Minister of Italy
- Tucker Carlson: We Have A Right To Be Worried About The FBI
- Trump: "I Am Today Starting The Process Of Terminating The Diversity Lottery Program"
- Ed Klein: Al-Qaeda And ISIS Working With ANTIFA
Matt Lauer, a member of the Clinton Global Initiative, will host the first presidential forum…
Is media merging with the Clinton machine? Matt Lauer, selected to moderate “Commander-In-Chief” forum, has ties to the #ClintonFoundation.
— Dr. Jill Stein (@DrJillStein) September 1, 2016
NBC’s Matt Lauer, who NBC Universal recently announced would moderate the upcoming Commander-in-Chief Forum with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, was once listed as a “notable member” of the Clinton Global Initiative, the leadership arm of the Clinton Foundation.
The page on the Clinton Foundation website that listed several other prominent journalists as members as well has since been deleted. But Mediaite screencapped the page when it was first reported on back in 2015.
When the story first broke last year, the Clinton Foundation told Mediaite that journalists who participate in CGI events are not asked to pay a membership fee “In 2012, we reclassified members of the media who participate as ‘guests’ rather than ‘members’ to acknowledge this distinction,” they explained.